The new update was released after being tested for a while, and it seems to have won over the majority of platform users, as they have some really positive reviews to share. Here is on how do you obtain Instagram Notes and can you turn it off?
However, having Notes left in their messages section is not something that all users are too keen on. Can it therefore be turned off?
How can I access Notes on Instagram?
Make sure Instagram is installed on your device in its most recent iteration as the new feature has begun to roll out with the most recent update.
After logging into your account, take the following actions:
- On your device, launch Instagram. Both Apple and Android devices can use the feature.
- In the top right corner, select the Direct Messages section.
- The Notes section is located between the search bar and direct messaging.
- To create your own Notes, tap “Leave a note.” Enter your message in the “Share what’s on your mind” field.
- You can send it to people on your list of close friends or to followers who follow you back.
- Nobody else will be able to see the Notes.
The new note always replaces the previous one, even though there is no cap on the number of Notes you can send in a single day. This indicates that there will only ever be one active note at once.
Is it possible to disable the ‘leave a note’ feature?
At the time of writing, there is no option to disable Notes on Instagram.
However, if you do not want to receive Notes from specific followers, you can mute them. Take the following steps:
- Go to the messages tab on your Instagram profile to access Notes.
- To mute a note, long press on it.
- Three choices are presented to you: Report, Mute Notes, and View Profile. Choose the second possibility.
- When the app requests confirmation, choose Mutes notes once more.
New update explained
People who haven’t sent or received any Notes have inquired as to how the new feature differs from standard messages.
Your notes can only be 60 characters long and you cannot add any images or videos.
All of the responses to the Notes will appear as messages in both parties’ chats for a 24-hour period only.