As the year draws to a close, a number of apps, including YouTube, BeReal, and Spotify, have given their users the opportunity to relive special moments from 2022. How do I create an Instagram recap reel in 2022 explained below.
In 2022, the app released a number of updates that improved the sharing of photos and videos. But there’s nothing like listening to a song by your favorite artist while reflecting on the memories that gave rise to these moments.
For 2022, Instagram has made four reel templates easily accessible for use in recap creation.
How do I create an Instagram recap reel in 2022
To get your Instagram recap reel in 2022, follow the steps below.
- When you open the app, the ‘Create your 2022 recap reel’ notification will appear in your feed.
- If you can’t find the above feature for whatever reason, go to the app’s regular feature, create reel.
- Select Templates and then select one of four options.
- Tap Add Media and select all of the images and videos you want to include in your recap.
- To preview the recap reel and finish editing, click next.
- Once the recap reel is complete, you can add a caption. You can also tag people, add a location, and share it with others.
You can select from a variety of templates.
What distinguishes the in-app feature is the ability for users to select from four templates that best suit their recap reel.
Your recap reel in 2022 will be narrated by one of these four artists: Bad Bunny, Priah Ferguson, DJ Khaled, and Badshah. Here’s the distinction:
- The Bad Bunny template allows you to upload up to 21 pieces of media, either images or videos.
- The templates from Priah Ferguson and DJ Khaled allow for up to 15.
- Meanwhile, with Badshah’s template, you can choose from 17 different media.